Below are three updates for October events and deadlines:
1) The Manitoban Department of Mental Health, Wellness and Recovery is hosting 90-minute virtual roundtables between October 26th-28th to discuss and get feedback on their 5-year action plan. They are especially looking for the input of people with lived experience and frontline workers, so please keep sharing this information with others!
- October 26, 9:00 am (Front-line Service Provider Session)
- October 27, 2:00 pm (Lived Experiences Session)
- October 28, 2:00 pm (Front-line Service Provider Session)
- October 28, 6:00 pm (Lived Experiences Session)
To be added to the calendar invite, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) The National Association of Friendship Centres and CCEDNet are in the midst of accepting proposals for their third cohort of CreateAction, a youth work experience program. The work placements would take place from January to June 2022, and serve to give young people facing employment barriers opportunities in social innovation and community development. For organizations looking to host a placement, the deadline to apply is this Friday, October 22nd.
3) MANSO is hosting two Cultural Broker training sessions, one geared towards organization leaders on October 21st and one geared towards frontline staff on October 28th. Funding is available for MANSO Regular members and Friends of MANSO members! Click the links above for more information and registration.